PROGRAMME: NATIONAL CERTIFICATE:
SAQUA ID :58978|CREDITS : 120|NQF LEVEL : 5
COURSE OVERVIEW & DESCRIPTION
This qualification has been developed for people who work as junior and who seek for essential competence.
Recipients of this qualification are able to write a variety of journalism texts and report at entry level. The qualification is designed to be flexible and accessible to all in journalism and wishing to enter journalism after undergraduate study or equivalent experience. It allows people to write and report in accordance with requirements of a specific media news enterprise. The competencies lay the foundation for a person to develop a career in sub- editing, writing and/ or reporting. The elective category makes provision for specialization in a particular medium or section of a medium and entry into sub-editing, and in doing so, increases the learner’s employment possibilities.
COURSE MODULE OUTCOMES
- Communicate effectively with interview subjects, sources, the public, and teams
- Work in a team to meet given time frames and contribute to effective working relations in teams
- Research a variety of topics, events and issues to produce relevant information and verity sources for facts used.
- Report ethically and professionally to record and produce facts and descriptions
- Produce final form output that uses language and idiom correctly and appropriately for specified contexts.
- Meet production deadlines through the management of time and other resources.
- Evaluate journalistic conduct and output.
- Report within specific community contexts.
CAMPUS USED EQUIPMENTS & FACILITITES
Personal DSLR 700D, 600D, 650D, 5D Mark III, 7D Mark II, Black Magic Studio Camera,
Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, Adobe after Effect,
Cubase 8.5, Logic Pro X, Reason, Sonar, Pro tools 12, Camera Stabilizations
Green Screen Studio, DJi OSMOS, DJI Phantom, 4 DJI Ronim 3 Axis Gimbal, Post Production suite, Live Sound Labs.
CAREES WITHIN THE QUALIFICATION
Broadcast Journalism, investigative journalist, Photojournalist, freelance writer, foreign correspondent.
CLASS SCHEDULES & DURATION
Full time (Monday – Friday 20 hour per week) & Part-time (4hours Saturdays)
Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 of the Further Education and Training Band
English Language (Spoken & Written)
Physical Science at NQF Level 4
Computer literacy at NQF level 3
REGISTRATION & TUITION FEE
Refer to the tuition fees pricelist at the Campus.
Students may further study for national Diploma related fields at an accredited institution of higher Education. Admission to further your studies at a different institution remains the prerogative of institution and its academic council.
Mict seta Accreditation National Higher Certificate Journalism
This qualification is accredited by MICTSATA
Accreditation Number is Acc/2016/07/0039
Learner guides are inclusive ion the course fee.
Learners may be expected to pay for additional programme costs such as consumables items (e.g., CDs,or DVD)