PROGRAMME: NATIONAL CERTIFICATE :
SAQA ID: 62069|CREDIT:159|NQF LEVEL :5
Programme Type: Occupational Qualification | Quality Assurance Council: MICT SETA
COURSE OVERVIEW & DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this qualification is for learners to be able to produce Radio programmes. The national Certificate in Radio Production at NQF Level 5 is genetic across commercial, public and community service fields. The community impact of this Qualification includes the presentation of job opportunities to which all- cultural groups have access, through community impact of this qualification is also wide ranging, cutting across a broad spectrum of the economy. The qualification was designed to accommodate radio programmes relevant to all audiences. The journalistic, content development is competencies required across all three tiers of broadcasting and the qualification will allow the competent learners to be employable in all sectors of radio not just community radio. The qualification will enable the learners to make value judgments; packaging calls for putting elements together in a unique and creative manner, producing calls for a process of research, conceiving ideas and actualizing those ideas. This qualification requires learners not just to make products but also to be able to develop content for radio broadcasts.
COURSE MODULE OUTCOMES
- Operating within relevant legislative frameworks. & variety of studio and field recording and production audio equipments.
- Building resource networks relevant to radio productions & Producing live and broadcasting.
- Generating and pinching ideas for programmes and items for transmission
- Researching content for radio broadcast & scriptwriting a programme
- Operating a variety of studio programmes and items for transmission.
- Producing live and studio programmes and field recording and production audio equipment.
- Editing and mixing programmes and items for transmission & presenting radio programmes/ items (generale unit standard).
- Interviewing guests/panels/content providers.
CAMPUS USED EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
Cubase 8.5, Apple Logic Pro X, Reason, Sonar, Pro tools 12, Live Sound Labs, Online Live Radio station.
CAREERS WITHN THE QUALIFICATION
Broadcast Journalism, Investigation journalist, Photo journalist, Freelance writer, foreign correspondent
CLASS SCHEDULES & DURATION
Full time (Monday-Friday 20 hours per week) & Part Time (4hours Saturdays)
Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 of the Further Education and Training Band
English Language (Spoken & Written)
Physical Science at NQF Level 4
Computer literacy at NQF level 3
REGISTRATION & TUITION FEE
Refer to the tuition fees pricelist at the Campus.
Students may further study for national Diploma related fields at an accredited institution of higher Education. Admission to further your studies at a different institution remains the prerogative of institution and its academic council.
Mict seta Accreditation National Higher Certificate Journalism
This qualification is accredited by MICTSATA
Accreditation Number is Acc/2016/07/0039
Learner guides are inclusive ion the course fee.
Learners may be expected to pay for additional programme costs such as consumables items (e.g., CDs,or DVD)